Missing Inserts After Importing Cubase Songs to VST Live

When I import Cubase songs to VST Live, several insert effects are missing. These are REVelation, Frequency, and DaTube, which are all Steinberg tools. The other insert effects all seem to be present. Are the missing ones just incompatible with VST Live for some reason? I am using Cubase 12 and VST Live 1.1.20.637.

Aren’t those all VST2 plugins? Then you may need to set a path in Edit/Preferences/Plugins/VST2 Path.

They are all VST3. For some reason VST Live is either not finding them or they are not compatible. I do have multiple versions of Cubase and WaveLab installed and I wonder if that is causing a problem. I added more plugin paths to Edit/Preferences/Plugins/VST2 Path but those plugins are still not showing up.

So it looks like those three plugins were installed under WaveLab rather than Cubase. I’m able to use them in Cubase though. Is it the case that VST Live cannot use WaveLab plugins? Or that it doesn’t scan for VST3 plugins under the WaveLab installation folder?

Also, I presume that other plugins are missing as well. I am just aware of these three because I used them in the Cubase projects that were imported into VST Live.

Okay, if I go into Cubase and into the plugin manager I can find that those three plugins are located in the following two folders:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 12\VST3\Cubase Plug-in Set.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 12\VST3\vintage-plugins.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win

If I add them to the VST2 plugin paths in VST Live and restart, it still doesn’t find them. Maybe because they are VST3 plugins. Is there a way to force VST Live to scan those folders for VST3 plugins?

Hi @gmfraser,

those plug-ins are not avaiable with VST Live because of a license limitation. Let me find out why. Please hold the line, I’ll get back to you.

/Michael.

1 Like

Thanks for checking on this.

… a short update here. The Frequency Plug-In needs a host delay compensation. VST Live is a live host and so it does not support a delay compensation engine. Therefore some Cubase Plug-Ins are not part of the VST Live Plug-In Set. If I have more news regarding DaTube and REVelation, I’ll let you know.

/Michael.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. That’s too bad about Frequency; I really like using it for most of my EQ stuff, but maybe I’ll start using a different tool. And for now I guess I’ll use RoomWorks for reverb instead of REVelation.