I am having an issue where MIDI tracks have a missing output when the corresponding instrument track they are being sent to is disabled and enabled.
- Create an empty project
- Add an instrument track and load a VSTi ( I have tested this with both EW Play 64-bit and Kontakt 5 64-bit )
- Load patches into the VSTi (say 4 EW Play string articulations)
- Create 4 MIDI tracks
- Set the channel of each MIDI track to correspond with the 4 patches loaded (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Add a second instrument track and load a second instance of EW Play
- Disable the first instance of Play.
- Enable the first instance of Play.
==> In the mix window the MIDI tracks will say ‘Missing:01 Play’
Just to note that if there is only a single instance of Play or Kontakt and you disable/enable that instrument track, the MIDI tracks ‘find’ their routing to the VSTi patches with no problem. The problem occurs when there is more than one instance of the same VSTi then the MIDI routing is ‘lost’.
Cubase Pro 9.5.41 - Build 287 - Oct24 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit
Intel i7 5930K
NVIDIA GTX 1080
Kontakt 5 v5.8.1
EW Play v6.0.2