Missing Ports "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" -> on Mac!!!

On opening the “String orchestra page layout” template in the “Scoring” section in the opening dialog, an error (or is it a warning?) message pops up saying:

Missing Ports:
Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth

Since I am on a Mac, this seems like a complete obsolete check routine. And looks very, very unprofessional for being such a professional software… :frowning:

PS: When are you guy going to setup a proper bug reporting system? Would help to make things way more manageable…
Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 11.02.02.png

Hi and welcome,

It seems those project templates were made on Windows system and the MIDI tracks were routed to this “Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth” MIDI Port. On Mac, this doesn’t make sense.

I will report it to the bug tracking system. Thank you.

It is now 2021 and the error is still there! Not sure why this template is not connected to Halion instruments. Only Dorico Pro owners have HSO which would of course be the best

I have updated the Orchestral templates which used the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth using my preferred orchestral library and expression maps and deleted the three templates obsolete for Mac users.

One has Italian and two German instrument designations by the way but that is no issue.

I just bought cubase an am having exactly

the same problem, on a mac! How can i get rid of this?

For me it worked by allocating other instruments to all tracks using the MS Synth in the project and then save the file “as template” in the same category as the original in my case Scoring. I deleted the original Cubase template afterwards and renamed my version the same as the original.

By the way I found some Beethoven symphony scores in pdf and it was apparently common that time to use Italian instrument names even by German speaking composers and later by the printed score editors as in the template provided. Most instruments were noted in compressed form. So the Cubase template is very authentic.

1 Like

Hi, I have encountered a similar problem with missing ports. Just turned on cubase 11 to continue working, only to find the missing ports error page. I am using a focusrite scarlet 4i4 interface which cubase can no longer seem to find. Nothing changed hardware or software wise, just switched on to find this problem. All the hardware is new, artist 11 only recently downloaded. Done all the obvious. Any suggestions anyone?

Do you have a Mac or PC? On a Mac you first have to make sure your Scarlett 4i4 is the activated output device. If you have activated the audio settings in the menu bar you press the speaker button in the menu bar (top right of screen in general) and chose the scarllett

Then go back to Cubase chose Studio → Studio setup → Control panel. There you should then see the Scarlett 4i4, xx’xxx Hz under input and output which is not tagged. Tag it off on both in and output and it should work.

You should get a popup when you start Cubase 11 asking which audio device to connect if you have changed it since the last time you used it or have more than one connected. Sometimes it even pops up when Cubase is already running and you switch another device on or connect a headphone but unfortunately the behaviour is inconsistent at least on a Mac.

Also make sure the frequency of the different audio devices you use including build-in are the same. On a Mac you can change it with the Audio Midi Setup utility program. When I register audio also using a Focusrite device (Scarlett 2i2 or Clarett Pre2+) it defaults to 44’100 Hz while the build-in is 48’000 Hz. This poses play back issues as mentioned in another thread.

Solved: We fixed this problem by finding a MIDI track we had hidden . The Routing tab on the Mixer showed the MIDI channel marked ‘Missing: Microsft GS Wavetable Synth’. We rerouted the track to 'Not Connected; then closed the Project. When we opened the Project again the error message had disappeared.

1 Like