missing presets

just updated from 5.5.3 to 7.5 and I’m missing the logical editor and midi effect presets. this was a fresh install (5 wasn’t installed) and I already uninstalled and reinstalled 7.5.10 with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sorry, no help here… I’ve got the same issue.

here is the solution http://youtu.be/SsOFMuXyQ28

Here is the answer in writing that worked for me last night for the LE and the PLE, the vid suggests it’s the same for MIDI inserts
(Win 7 64-bit computer running Cubase 7.5.20) :

When I started, in the folder User/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase 7.5_64/Presets, there was no “Logical Editor” subfolder there.
There was a folder called “Project Logical Editor”, but it had only one folder of presets, called: “Visibility”.

But in the In Program Files/Steinberg/Cubase 7.5/Presets folder, there were multiple folders of presets, for both editors.

So I copied the whole Logical Editor folder from there to User/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase 7.5_64/Presets, and now a whole bunch of presets for the Logical Editor (where previously none did).

I also copied all the subfolders from Program Files/Steinberg/Cubase 7.5/Presets/Project Logical Editor to User/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase 7.5_64/Presets/Project Logical Editor, told it I didn’t want to replace the only presets that were initially there (Visibility), and now I get a bunch of PLE presets opening up in Cubase too.

Now when I open Cubase 7.5.20, the PLE and LE presets are available.

For Mac: I think the answer is found in this post: Why are my Logical Editor Presets Missing? - #10 by catchawave - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Hope that helps someone!

Thank you for this solution, I had the samte trouble in a fresh new installation of Cubase 9. No preset is showing in Logical editor nor in the midi fx Transformer, although the user manual says to watch the included presets to start with. I did a dummy new preset, then I saw that under AppData/Roaming a new directory was created under Presets, “LogicEdit”. There I copied the presets and now they show.