Missing Reverb Impulse Response File

Opening VST Amp Rack in Cubase Elements 10 results in the error message “Cannot Locate Reverb Impulse Response File” and the reverb effect is not functional. A search of these forums shows that this has been a known problem since Cubase 8 or earlier, yet I don’t find a definitive fix documented. My configuration is: Windows 10. Fresh full load of Cubase Elements 10 with latest update 10.0.10 installed. Latest version of eLicenser, product is registered in MySteinberg.

Seems like this should be a “place file x in folder y” type of fix, but I don’t find that documented anywhere. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

B

I think I have figured this out. I looked through the un-zipped install files, and found a ton of VST sound archive files under “Additional Content”. Apparently these files don’t get moved to the proper VST folders during the install process. After copying Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01 and Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_03 to the VST Sound folder, Amp Rack’s reverb effect functions properly. Makes me wonder what else I’ll find missing. Glad I kept the original install source files.

There are also a lot of HALion, Groove Agent, etc. VST files in “Additional Content”. Do all of these sound archive files typically just get dumped into the VST Sound folder for their virtual instruments to function properly? Seems like the installer should take care of this.

Thanks.

B

Thank you for posting this, this helped me solve the issue on my end as well.