Missing VST intruments?

I just installed a UR22mkII on my iMac/Yamaha keyboard. All the connections work fine but there are no VST instruments included. The Cubase AI page on Steinberg says there are instruments included. Has this changed? Where are the Instruments to be found?

M

Hi,

You have to install from the full installer. If you have installed from DVD, the Instruments libraries are placed pic the 2nd DVD.

To add a VSTi, add an Instrument track, please.

I installed from the download assistant. I reinstalled. I don’t think I understand how this works. I created a new instrument track. I selected HALion SE as the instrument. It opened a window in which all selections for instruments were blank and “all instruments” window was empty. Are there supposed to be instruments populating HALion sonic se 3?

Hi,

Yes, you should see some instruments. Question is, what exactly did you install from the Download Assistant? You should use the Full installer.

There are two download options. Cubasis AI 9.5 Mac OS 100 mb and Windows version. Since I’m using an iMac, i downloaded and installed the Mac OS version and it installed except there are no VST instruments. The Steinberg YouTube video “How To Set Up the UR22mkII with Cubase AI | Setting up the UR22mkII Audio Interface” shows VST instruments installed with the downloaded Cubasis AI. My version has no instruments in the “Media Bay” as deiscribed in the video. Any help or direction to instructions specific to this topic would be helpful Thanks you.

Hi,

100MB is not the full installer. The content is missing. This is why you don’t have it.

That’s a start. I appreciate the feedback. Next would be how and where to download the full installer.
Rant warning.
Frankly, I’m seriously regretting buying from Steinberg. This is taking way too much time. It’s like there’s a secret society and no one wants to answer directly, you have to infer information. How about a FAQ that says: “click this icon to install VST instruments” or “Cubase AI doesn’t come with VST instruments” There is not a single word in the manual about installing VST instruments. I think my best course is to wrap it up and send it back where it came from and use Garage Band or Logic, where I can make music within the first 3 seconds of opening the program.
Peace Out.

Please understand that the only reason why this is being confusing is because you probably downloaded the wrong installer, or misclicked something.

This is the correct one:

All you have to do is download this, run the installer, then click next a few times. Now Cubase and all stock content is installed and ready to use. There’s no word about installing the stock VST instruments in the manual because that’s really all there is to it, there are no additional instructions to follow.

Keep in mind that these forums aren’t the official Steinberg support form, most of us are users helping other users. The same applies to pretty much all other DAW companies. For official support, log into your MySteinberg and check the “My Support” tab. That’s how that other guy who had the same problem as you managed to fix his issue.

Simply downloading the correct installer should make your VST instruments show up though.

Yes Thank you i do appreciate the volunteer nature of user forums and intend no criticism of the help received here. Thank you thank you thank you. Shame on Steinberg for such inadequate instruction.

Yes Thank you i do appreciate the volunteer nature of user forums and intend no criticism of the help received here. Thank you thank you thank you. Shame on Steinberg for such inadequate instruction.