Mit deutscher Tastatur Alt-Strg = Alt Gr

Obwohl ich die englische Version von Dorico habe, benutze ich eine QWERTZ-Tastatur, und vielleicht bin ich der letzte, der die Äquivalenz in Dorico zwischen Alt + Strg und Alt Gr entdeckt, was manchmal hilft, besonders mit Pfeiltasten.

David

Translation:

Although I have the English version of Dorico, I use a QWERTY keyboard, and perhaps I am the last to discover the equivalence in Dorico between Alt + Ctrl and Alt Gr, which sometimes helps, especially with arrow keys.

Perhaps you intended to post this in the German-language section of the forum, David?

What’s “Gr”?

Alt gr is the right-hand side alt button on pc. (Alt graphic?)

Ah thanks… Mac user… didn’t know that.

Thanks, Daniel. Since we get quite a few questions here in French, Italian and Spanish, I didnt know there was a German section. I will look for it. (By the way, your translation changed QWERTZ to QWERTY!)

Best,

David

Depending on the national keyboard layout, the AltGr key can produce different characters. This Wikipedia article includes a AltGr character list for various keyboard layouts.

As they say, the French for ‘London’ is ‘Paris’. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, but as Steve Martin reminds us, “Those French have a different word for everything!”

(And I’m sure that joke would work in any other language referring to English.)