Mix Console Snapshot Is Not Retained - fixed in Cubase 12

Just noticed this too. A snapshot I made last week works, but snapshots I tried making today don’t load anything at all.

Deleting all snapshots seems to fix the problem for snapshots that are created after first deleting everything.

I’m using the newest version of Cubase 11 Pro.

Same problem. 11.0.41 - Built on Sep 27 2021. Running on 2021 14" MacBookPro M1 Max. Doesn’t recall anything - level, pan, inserts, channel strip… Steinberg, I’m REALLY looking forward to getting this problem fixed. It’s been over a year, it’s a key feature, promoted in all of your video tutorials, so it should be a high priority bug.

Matthias, see my post above. You’ve been given several problem projects. I’d be happy to work with you or anyone else at Steinberg to fix this. It’s a key feature, promoted in your support videos so it should be a high priority bug.

@tomkingsley The issue is reported as fixed with Cubase 12. Have you tested it with the Cubase 12 Trial?

1 Like

Matthias,

Thank you so much for responding so quickly!

No. While I’ve considered upgrading, I’m finally just getting up to speed on 11. Are you asking me to upgrade or do you want me to test if 12 fixes it for me or the problem is elsewhere for my case?

BTW, I’m a loyal customer and fan of Cubase.

Tom

I upgraded to Cubase 12. Indeed, snapshot works will in 12 for me.

Hi Matthias, I noticed you posted this “fixed in Cubase 12” solution in several places on the forum where users reported major issues with snapshots. Snapshots becoming unreliable is a very big deal. Are you saying snapshots are not otherwise fixed in Cubase 11 pro? Is paying $99 to upgrade to C12 the only available solution to the issue with snapshots? Snapshots are a critical part of why I upgraded to Cubase 11 Pro in the first place, and were prominently featured in Steinberg’s marketing. I already paid for snapshots to work when I purchased C11 Pro , and do not want to pay additional money (or download a trial upgrade) just to have them working again. Having no reliable snapshots in C11 Pro is more than a minor inconvenience, it is a major slowdown of my workflow. Far worse than that, the sudden failure of snapshots means I have wasted many, many, many hours of work in creating prior mixes saved as snapshots that are now lost and seemingly unrecoverable. And I opened several .bak backups of my projects from earlier times when snapshots were known to be operational, and even those backups now suffer the snapshot recall failures. If I upgraded to C12 would it restore the prior snapshots I saved in projects created in C11 Pro that I now cannot use in C11? Please share any advice that might help in my situation. If Steinberg was aware that Snapshots were unreliable in Cubase editions prior to 12, the company owed it to your customers to at least warn them; and to fix it. If the only way to get functional snapshots is to upgrade to C12, you should offer complementary upgrades to users like me who had this issue.