Mixdown exported track issue!

Hi all, I am a long time Cubase & Focusrite 18i8 user, but I have run into a problem that I can’t solve, and wondered if anyone in this forum had encountered?
Quite simply, I normally record audio through my 18i8 interface, in flac format within Cubase Pro 13 then mix and pan accordingly till I am happy.
The problem I am having is that, when I am happy and export my mix down, it is NOT panned and processed as when I mix the track?
I have looked at all the possibilities my simple brain will allow me to, and I have spoken to Focusrite as well as raised a help request with Cubase, but I wondered if any of you lot had come across this issue?
It’s driving me batty, as I think it’s going to be a simple fix, but I just can’t sort it myself!!

Thanks for reading!

Hi,

Make sure, you export it in stereo, please. Could you attach a screenshot of the Export Audio Mixdown window, you have?

Where do you playback the resulting file? Make sure, the player doesn’t have any settings, to play it in mono.

Hi Martin,

I always export in stereo, and I playback the created mp3’s in my computer, which I always do.
I am away from my computer at the moment but will send screen shots later.

Best regards,

Jim Burridge

Martin,

This is my export settings screen.

Best regards,

Jim Burridge

Hmm…what about exporting to WAV first - is the result OK?

P.

Hi,

What happens, if you import the file back to Cubase? Is it a Mono or a Stereo file?

I’ve tried exporting thd same track as flac, mp3 and wave and the playback is the same, in as much as it’s not processed or panned!!

Hi Martin,
I have imported the exported file into a new Cubase project, and its sounds processed and panned, so by elimination, it must be my media player that is the culprit!!
I’ll look at the settings for this now, and thanks for the help!!!

Martin,

On W11 settings>system>sound there is a little button for “mono audio” which was turned on?
When I toggled it to off everything is working as it should, so thanks for the guidance!!

1 Like