Mixer issue with Kontakt player in Dorico 3

Hi! I´m having problems using Kontakt in Dorico 3. I´ve tried inserting Kontakt (running Sonusscore The Orchestra)in two ways. 1. Loading ONE instance of Kontakt, wich in turn runs five channels of Sonuscore. 2. Running 5 copies of Kontakt with different MIDI channels. Either way only one channel gives any response in the mixer. Am I doing anything wrong or is the mixer malfunctioning. What do you suggest? /fransmo

Do you have Kontakt set up to send multiple outputs on different channels to the Dorico Mixer? I know it’s possible to have multiple Garritan instruments set up on a multi-output Aria player but still be sending everything out on channels 1 & 2 if not careful. In that case, the Dorico Mixer only sees the composite Aria output on channels 1 & 2. I am pretty sure a similarly multi-channel output is possible on Kontakt, but it has to be explicitly set up.

Thanks for answering, I am afraid I dont know how to do this in Kontakt player per se, but there is a setting where you choose port and midi channel which I use but it only come out through one channel in the mixer anyway!

You should be using the multi-output version of the Kontakt plug-in in order to have finer control in Dorico’s Mixer.

This might be a good place to start understanding multi-output in Kontakt even though the instructor uses Cubase as its eventual goal. Sorry that you’ll probably need to reset the link at the start of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11yaPOIaZ70&t=924s

Setting the MIDI port and channel has no relation to which output channel plays the audio. That’s something that you have to change from the internal routing within Kontakt.