Mixer & Transport windows disappear when minimized via mouse

Hello team,

when in Dorico i minimize the Mixer (via mouse, yellow botton on the frame), there is no way i can bring it up, I need to restart the program to get it back.
Same for the Transport.

Or am i missing something?

Thanks

Dorico 3.5.12, Mac Osx 10.15.7

Hi Ivan.

On my Mac running OS X 10.3.6, the yellow minimize button does not appear on the Mixer window, so I cannot exactly replicate what you have described. However, you can try the various methods as described in the screenshot I took of the relevant page in the manual. Depending on your keyboard preferences, as set up in System Preferences, you might need to press the ‘fn’ key at the same time as ‘F3’.

Hi Steven,

yes normally i use the F3 but sometimes i use the mouse to close the window, and accidentally i click the yellow button forcing me to restart Dorico as i havent found a way to bring it up again (i see F3 trigger it but i don’t see the window).

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 10.25.01 AM

What usually happens when the yellow “minimize” button is clicked is that the window is placed on the dock and then you would be able to re-open it by clicking on its icon in the dock. In your situation, does the window’s icon go down to the dock?

Nope, I don’t see it in the dock, only the Dorico.
Actually the same happen with the Transport window as well.

AH, found a way to get them back!

You need to right click on the Dorico icon on the dock and then select ‘Show all Windows’, from there you can select it again and it will come up.

Not sure this is by design though, up to the Dorico team to decide.

Thanks Steven for pushing me in the right direction :slight_smile:

That’s good to hear!

Another two ideas that I had were:

1. Minimize the main Dorico window and then click its icon in the dock.
  2. Move the main Dorico window around (click and hold the title bar and drag with the mouse) just in case the missing window is hidden behind the main window.