Mixer visibility configurations: Adding new tracks

I’ve gone to some effort to set up 8 configurations that work for me. And everything’s fine until I add a new track, which then shows up in all 8 configurations. This means I’m constantly having to go to each config (typically 7 out of 8) to remove the newly added tracks. Obviously not an optimum workflow.

Is there some setting or usage I’m missing that would in effect say, “Don’t automatically add new tracks to all configurations?”

4 Likes

To my knowledge, you are not missing anything. This has been a long feature request, and IMO needs more votes or comments right here.

5 Likes

Well it certainly has my vote.

I wonder how many people are actually using visibility configurations. This takes a great feature and makes it so tedious to maintain you’d think there would be more commentary on it.

3 Likes

I take your point, but Plugin collections work the opposite way, and I find that to be worse. You add something new, then switch and you can’t find it.

I agree, but those are two different pieces of functionality that aren’t related. It would be nice if each was done in the optimum manner.

1 Like

This drives me insane. Every single time I add a track I have to go through and remove from all 18 (yes, eighteen) of my mixer configurations. It renders the whole feature pointless, tbh. Extremely frustrating and would love to know any workarounds.

3 Likes

Do you use configurations in the mixer panel or in the project arranger window? They seem to be two seperate things for some reason. I’m using the project one but when you select the configuration it doesn’t follow it in the mixer.

You can sync them Luke (at the risk of telling you something you already know) Channel Visibility and Syncing with the Project Window | Working Faster with the MixConsole - YouTube but that’s not my issue. I most often need to be looking at different things in my mixer window than my project window so don’t use that. This is a specific preference we’ve been asking for for years - allow us the option to tell Cubase not to include all new tracks in mixer configurations by default.

1 Like

Is this still a feature request? I’ve had this issue forever - and I have 60 Configurations that need to be updated every time I add a track. HOLY COW!

1 Like

Indeed it is disappointing that Steinberg has not offered this setting or allowed key commands to be assigned to more than 8 Mixer configurations

+1 for the feature request

one more 1+ for the feature request

+10000 for these features as well !!

• Being able to AUTO ADD any NEW TRACK to ONLY ONE CONFIGURATION that would be one’s main
  • Being able to ADD a KEY COMMAND on EVERY EXISTING CONFIGURATIONS (not only 8…)

Thanks a lot Steinberg !!! :blush: :blush:

1 Like

Another +1. What’s the point of configurations if they keep getting changed when adding new tracks? I can’t think of a single use case where I would want new tracks to be automatically added to ALL my configuration. There is literally no reason for this to happen.

+1 for me too

Me too!

New tracks should be marked “unconfigured” and the mixer visibility window should be able to show “unconfigured” tracks. Then I can choose to either add them to the configuration or leave them in the unconfigured state and out of any the configurations.