Modified windows versions

I saw a video about a bloat-free Windows 11 version.

Ghost Spectre Windows 11

I wonder if anybody has tried running it or other modified/slimmed-down versions of windows 11 with Cubase? I know many plugins use many windows programs to function correctly, so I am curious if it is even worth it to install such a windows version and then have to install a bunch of software to Windows anyways.

It would be really interesting to see if Cubase performance, and especially latency, is improved on.such as a slimmed-down version.

personally, I install full windows and then remove a lot of stuff from Windows. Maybe it’s better to add on-demand than remove it as I don’t know what half the services do in task manager…

any experiences on this subject?

I’m way too paranoid to install a modded operating system from a 3rd party.

Even if they are fully benign and well intended, are they competent enough in their own security practices to prevent their systems being hacked and malware eventually being inserted into their releases (cryptominers, ransomware, keyloggers, password stealers or whatever).

I’ll keep doing as you currently do - doing my own modding, even if it takes longer.

Good security takes extra work in the short term, but avoids potential tears down the road.

Thanks for that link. I’m going to slap an old drive in and install on that and check it out. When I switched to Windows 10 from Windows 7, it took me FIVE DAYS to chop out all the bloat ware, stuff for phones and tablets, spyware, and just general garbage, and to go through all the settings, services, policies, and registry to get it the way I wanted it.
This sounds like a big head start on that process.
Thanks.