Thanks for the help guys. Follow up to this, Rob’s idea of making it a playing technique works great, here’s a simple triangle wave into a bandpass vcf
It’s ugly, I made a custom line which needs work. Some tips for
- Import SVG graphics for scalability
- Add them as playing techniques, under Keyboard, named “synth MODULAR WHICH” e.g. “synth vcf bandpass”
- This will take some time to do. For those above I scaled to 15, and then offset to 7.5 (half) which looks about right
- Make a custom horizontal line, or use existing, doesn’t matter much
- When writing just add all the elements as playing techniques, along with connectors. You’ll get a mess of items
- Go into Engrave mode, click the top option (the note adjust), then click your elements and move them around into a block diagram you want
This editor and capability is amazing, but it would be nifty if I could tweak it a little bit (e.g. thicken). Otherwise these stock features can do some amazing things. I’m a notatation guy, most synthesists do some stream of consciousness thing but this needs to be more deliberate.
Thanks folks, amazing forum!