Monitor for Cubase

Do you think a monitor like the LG 34GK950F, like two 27" monitors, would be
a good match for Cubase? What GPU would you power it with? (I have a GTX
970.)

Big, wide monitors are certainly nice with Cubase, since the screen is very busy and full of important tiny details.
Really, it doesn’t matter that much. Some people sometimes have trouble with dual monitors, but I wouldn’t let that stop me. It seems to make a lot of sense if you are doing video.

Regarding the GPU, you should search the forum on keywords like nVidia. I have no advice on the matter, and in fact take the opposite approach. I have no GPU, just the onboard CPU’s graphics. This works fine. I use one monitor, but I think I could use 2. GPUs don’t make a lot of sense to me when it comes to DAWs. There’s no real benefits (except when editing video, perhaps), but there are costs. They eat power. Now you need a bigger PSU (power supply unit). Bothe the GPU and the PSU will have fans that make noise. The whole rig will be harder to protect with a UPS (uninterruptible power supply). Without a UPS, your work and system are at risk during power outages. Then there are possible compatibility issues between the GPU driver and the software. And there’s the money for the GPU, the bigger PSU, and the bigger UPS.

It’s different if you want to use the system for other things, such as playing high quality games. In that case, you should check out RoG (republic of gamers). They have some of the best gear reviews I’ve ever seen, and they dive into details. But for strict DAW use, I think it’s best to keep things simple, with very focused strengths.

I use a nvidia gt1030 which works great on a 4K monitor. I prefer a large 4K monitor than 2/3 he monitors.