Monitor output not showing

I have a Focusrite scarlett 2i2. It’s a2/2 USB audio interface. It got a headset output (stereo), and (called monitor) line output L, line output R.

There is nothing plugges in the output line L or R. And nothing in the headset. But only 2 output show in cubase - they are the L and R of the headset. Is it possible because it’s a monitor, they (line out L and R) won’t show? Also direct monitor is grayed.

Thanks

Didi you check the VST Connection? Or where is only one stereo output displayed? You have to set your outputs in the VST Connections.

Just as explained in the focusrite manual. - Read it.

As also mentioned in the manual, this means the device does not support ASIO direct monitoring, but uses its own implementation of low latency monitoring.

As themanual said, Although all inputs and outputs on the Scarlett 2i2 are routed
directly to and from your DAW for recording and playback, you can configure the routing within your
DAW in order to meet your needs.

So the output of the line out should show too. Direct monitoring is off.

It’s a 2 in 2 out interface.

If the headphone output and the line out where separate it would be a 2 in 4 out interface.

You can set the output to be either output 1 (L) and or 2 (R) (mono) or 1 (L)/2 (R) Stereo that’s the choices.

Just plug in your speakers and or headphones and use the separate volume controls on the front of the interface.

Thanks split.