Monitoring latency varies during MIDI input

Hi!
I have SX3 connected to a Korg Triton Extreme Keyboard via an M-Audio Fastrack Pro.
When I play notes on the Triton during playback, for example, constant 16th notes, the sound I hear stumbles and stutters intermittantly. i.e. sometimes there is monitoring latency, sometimes there isn’t. This occurs when I am playing notes in during playback, whether recording is activated or not but only when there are also MIDI events on the existing tracks being played back.

The resulting recording is fine - i.e. the notes are in the positions that I played them in, however the intermittent latency during playing makes it impossible to play accurately during recording!

What could be causing this?
Also, I’ve tried putting a photo of my fabulous face on my user profile but it didn’t accept .jpg or .bmp photos, even when I reduced their size :smiley:
Michael

Aloha M,

This forum is for issues related to the board itself.
Yours seems to be more of a hardware issue. Not a forum issue.

You might want to post ‘Monitoring latency varies during MIDI input’
in the ‘Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup’ forum.

You can find it here:

This part is a forum question.
Also, I’ve tried putting a photo of my fabulous face on my user profile but it didn’t accept .jpg or .bmp photos, even when I reduced their size

You might have to reduce both file size and physical size.

HTH (hope this helps)
{‘-’}

Aloha! (I think I can guess where you’re from!)

I’ve posted the message in the correct place now. I think I’ll spare you all the experience of seeing my face - for now…

Michael