Monitoring multiple tracks (including non-recording) in C6?

Hi Guys,

I have just set up the trial version of Cubase 6, having been a Cubase user several years ago, who moved to Logic.

So far I am reminded how logical and stable Cubase is (have you seen Logic lately?), while still disappointed at how few tracks and effects I can run at a lowish buffer of 128, compared to Logic.

I digress - I have a quick question. If I want to record say one audio track, while having a couple of other Cubase tracks also monitoring their inputs (for other players who need to use effects in real time but are not recording their parts), how can I do this?

I have selected my recording track, and then have clicked the montor (little yellow speaker) icon for the other channels whose players I want to hear while I record. This works as expected, however when I begin recording the other channels’ monitoring icons de-select automatically, and I can only hear the channel I am recording.

I assume there is a setting to change this default behavior, but I have not been able to find it anywhere!

Any help with this would be appreciated enormously.

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Mike

Look to the Auto-Monitoring setting in File-Prefs. The in-context help explains what each does.

Many thanks!

I’ve found the option, and have set it up to work the way I want it to.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Mike