Monitoring problem

Made all the changes, logged in with the performer. No change. Connect sync still intermittent. I don’t know what else to do. I do thank you for your help.

Are you using SE or Pro?

SE. I would consider buying the Pro version, but if I can’t establish a consistent sync connection, then spending the $150 doesn’t seem to make much sense.

Since I was able to successfully sync with the performers using a previous version, I’m thinking we should uninstall the Beta version we got on the connectvst.com site, then reload the version from the Steinberg.net products site. I assume it’s a pre-Beta version.

What do you think?

I don’t believe that the beta is the problem but you can simply reinstall 4.0.40.180 from the steinberg website and try for yourself - then report back.

Are you connected via a wired/wireless connection - is somebody busy downloading ? Did you try with a new/blank project

did you set the settings as per Musicullum’s post earlier ?

In my honest opinion do not waste your money… the level of help and support you get is dreadful… it clearly does not work properly. I used it once and it worked after figuring it out mostly by myself…so I bought it which was a big mistake…have not been able to use it since and like I say I feel iv wasted £128.
I’m considering writing a letter to Steinberg regarding this…

Andy - I know you’re annoyed, but many people on here are patiently trying to assist you.

Rest assured VST connect isn’t perfect by any means but IT IS working for lots of people - By all means rant away but meanwhile recognise that your problem might be specific to your setup or how you are trying to use it.

I find it a little unfair that you feel the “the level of help and support is dreadful” - you bought this software 2 days ago and you can’t get it to work - in that time (over the weekend) you have many many replies to your many many posts on this forum

Please do write your letter to Steinberg but let’s try to remain positive and get people working - there is enough stress in the world at the moment without adding to it.

peace

I am pretty discouraged. And, yes, my computer (studio) and both performers’ computer are hard wired. No, no downloading. Yes, I tried it with a new, empty project. Yes, I’ve made every change as instructed. I just can’t get a consistent sync.

I have no complaints regarding the level of help and support. musicullum has given me prompt replies to my posts and offered many suggestions, which I’ve taken.

Just wondering, at the top of the connectvst.com site, there’s two download choices: “performer windows” and “plug+performer windows?” What’s the difference

did you roll back as you suggested ?

what are you buffer sizes ?

you need to be slow and methodical…just make changes slowly and one at a time…

performer just updates the performer (client) application. Plug + performer updates the studio (plug) and the performer on the cubase/nuendo computer.

So I just worked with the performer. The sync was okay. But he can’t hear what is coming from the studio (me). Not me on the talkback mic, nor when I play the cue mix. I hear him on his mic in my phones, and we can both see signals on the monitor meters – when he talks, or I talk, or I play a cue mix. I checked over and over again to make sure all the settings and plugs in are correct.

Any thoughts on where the roadblock might be? Thanks again for your help.

FWIW, I’m with gsmccar on this one … I’ve been watching this thread, having many of the same experiences. Now on the .215 update (which improved the sync issues), have never gotten talkback to work (but can live with that), but specifically when recording starts, sync is lost on the DAW (“Connect”) side, and the recording is of silence.

Cubase 10/VST Connect SE/Windows 10 this side, Mac 10.10 on the other, both .215, both connected to 100mbps by ethernet cable, delay tried even at 5s, 2048 buffer, 44.1kHz, and even with video disabled.

I’d be happy to upgrade to Pro if SE would work as a proof of concept.

if the meters in the studio channel on the Performer side move, the signal has definately made its way from the studio to the Performer. Make sure the bus above the Performer Master fader is set to physical output.

In control panel in Cubase you can see the ‘CST Connect CUE Mix’ in the one that you’re using to send to client?

Are you using the Phones channel in control room? If so, make sure VST Connect Monitor is added

Input bus for the the performer track needs to be connected to the ‘VST Connect’ input channel.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your suggestions, fuzzydude. I’ve addressed all of these already. Still can’t get the performer to hear me or the cue mix.

PM me if you’d like to ‘VST connect’ to me to run a troubleshoot session.

Have had exactly the same problem with a performer, I can hear him but he can’t hear me or the cue mix… disconnect his sound card then reconnect it… then he should be able to hear you… this worked for me but unfortunately the mix etc kept going off. Disconnect and reconnect fixed this every time but only for a few minutes.

Thanks for your response, andyp13. Maybe it’s obvious, andyp13, but how do you disconnect his sound card? And do I disconnect it? Does he?

I did it from VST connect, in performers settings, select the drop down that has the name of his interface in and select generic asio or whatever then select his interface again then all the sound comes back on, or atleast it did for my guy. It cured it but not for long enough, so I had to abandon the session… I just assumed it was a problem with the performers interface, it’s interesting that you are getting the same problem… could also be your performers interface also - let me know if this works for you?