Mono and Stereo Hardware Inserts

Hi
I use Cubase Pro in a professionnal studio with a lot of hardware devices for mixing (comps, EQs, etc…)
I use a lot the “external effects” but have a pb because somme of my devices are either “stereo” or “double mono”, and sometimes I like to use it on stereo tracks, and sometimes on 2 different mono tracks, which is impossible in Cubase now.
Could you do the same for inserts as you do for physical outputs, I mean the possibility to chose only Left or Right channel of a stereo device on a mono track ?
thanks a lot.
Laurent.
www.milkmusic.fr

Agreed. I’m finding the same limitation. One solution would be that Cubase allowed us to reuse inputs and outputs when setting up external effects. That way we could define the same external effect as one stereo or two mono plugins at the same time. It would also be benefitial in cases of hardware synths that feature an audio input (e.g. Minitaur or Minibrute), as it would allow us to create both an external effect, for using the filter, and an external instrument, for the MIDI part. Unfortunately this is not possible right now, as we can not reuse inputs/outputs.

I agree with Jorge.
Another case in which it can be problematic is with a "preamp + EQ device " that you can use either for recording (>> configured in “inputs menu”) and for mixing (>> impossible to assigne same return input in “external effects”)

+1

+1
This would be nice.
I personally think this area could use an upgrade to be more flexible.

+1

+1

+1

+1
this and the possibility to store/load i/o routing for external FX

+1

Agree!!! :slight_smile:

I hope it will come very soon! I use Antelope AFX and also hardware… Every session I need to manually change routings… not funn :confused: