Montage defaults/presets

There are a few things that I’m trying to make happen every time I make a new montage (of any sample rate).

I tried the settings I would think should work but they do not such as “save current layout as default” and Layout>Save As…

This is what I’m trying to have loaded automatically:

1. Metadata. I have a metadata preset I always use so any rendered WAVs and mp3s have all the desired metadata from CD-Text. Can a Wavelab montage automatically start with a Metadata preset loaded?

2. CD Wizard. I have a CD Wizard Preset that I always use once I have my files inserted to add track IDs. Can the CD Wizard default to my preset rather than “Factory Default Settings”?

3. Default Gap Time of Active Montage. This always changes to 2 s but I would like it to always remain 0 seconds gap and I adjust from there.

When I load my saved Layout, Wavelab looks strange and none of the presets I described above will load. Please let me know what’s possible and what I’m doing wrong.

I’ll attach screen shots w/descriptions

And here is the strange look that appears when I load a saved layout:

This is what I’m trying to have loaded automatically:

This is simple: simply create a montage template from a montage where these settings were used.
When you create a new montage, these settings will be inherited.

Is this done using file>export>template in the montage?

As far as I can tell, I have saved a template as I want for a starting point and told it to be my default. However, when I make a new montage using my shortcut, the montage does not open from my template.

How can I have a new montage open using my shortcut open with my new settings template?

For example, command N makes a new 44.1k montage with the new settings I prefer, but if I make a new montage using “shift F + F” or “shift F + E” the result is a blank standard montage with no presets.

I use the custom commands for new montage of various sample rates 44.1k or 48k
Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 1.08.51 PM.png

If you don’t use shortcuts, does that work?

Yes. If I use command + n I get a new montage with the template I made so certain presets load, but the problem is that I don’t get a sample rate choice as I did before when making a new montage. I also get the same behavior if I chose “New From…” in the montage file menu. The presets load as expected but no sample rate choice.

I would probably have to make a template for each sample rate but only one could be the default which is a small problem.

I guess my ideal situation would be to use the shortcuts I made for different sample rate montages, and have those montages have the three presets loaded that I use.

Is this possible?

Yes. If I use command + n I get a new montage with the template I made so certain presets load, but the problem is that I don’t get a sample rate choice as I did before when making a new montage. I also get the same behavior if I chose “New From…” in the montage file menu. The presets load as expected but no sample rate choice.

Normal by design. Just change the sample rate on the new created montage, that’s simple and fast.

Thanks for the info. It’s ok for me now because I really only need the metadata, CD Wizard and gap preset to load for 44.1k montages. When I start a montage at a higher sample rate it’s usually for projects that I don’t need those presets for.

I do look forward to the solution for easily changing a montage sample rate and retaining all the markers and clip info, and referencing higher sample rate files from another folder in version 9.

Is it possible in an update to keep the 2 second grey bar after a clip even though I set my default gap to 0 sec?

I always liked the grey bar that shows you where 2 seconds after a clip in a montage is as a quick reference point but unfortunately, setting my default gap to 0 seconds makes this line disappear.

Change here:
2014-06-30_08-09-06.png