Moog Sub Phatty in Cubase, vst editor?

I actually have the same issue. I typically just use the editor as a librarian or for manually drawing in automation. If I want to record automation from the hardware, I record it to the event, then either just leave it there, or go to MIDI → Functions → Extract MIDI automation. I then either use those/that CC automation lane, or copy the automation to the corresponding automation lane of the editor. I seldom find myself needing to do this in practice, but you may want to.

Alternatively, assign the parameters you want on the editor to track Quick Controls, then use whatever MIDI controller you have set up to control them.

I’ve tested the issue of the editor not outputting automation data when being controlled by the hardware in other DAWs and it’s the same.

Bummer

Your workarounds sound like decent options.

Any idea if Amos is going to fix this?

Thanks for all your help on this, I at least now have it to a point where I feel like it’s working well and doing just about everything right. Maybe hoping/wishing it would perform just like a vsti was a little too much to ask. Probably should be happy it got this far in development.

I’m not sure if there are any more planned updates. It’s a very small team so i’m sure they will be focused elsewhere. I know the Minitaur editor got a big update a few months ago, but it was seriously in need of it. The Sub Phatty one has been working well since it it launched.

Anyway, glad I could help. :slight_smile: