Mouse Scrolling (disable on faders etc)

I use a magic mouse and I am constantly moving fader positions accidentally. It would be good if you could disable mouse scrolling for specific parameters, especially faders and mixer parameters like pan, send sliders etc.

Or at least narrow the target area; for example, if the volume fader is near the bottom I can hover the mouse at the top of the fader and the mouse scrolling is active, perhaps only activate after clicking on the fader knob itself, or a setting for this in the preferences?

+1. Especially since there’s no undo for fader operations.

I am considering getting rid of the Magic mouse for these reasons. It is hectic in slipping a full page left, right, up or down from a single small flick. Very unpredictable and something I have to keep an eye on. I have found myself actually using the scroll bars like the old days, something inside of me knows that right now it is the most effective way.

I loved the old Mighty Mouse (with the ball)… but try finding on these days. At least a wireless one.

I agree on these FRs not only because that particular mouse is sensitive to these issues, but I think it would make for better ergonomics in the mixer anyways.

I learned to hate the Magic Mouse last weekend,. Not on my system and using Protools for a 12 hour recording session. That mouse is just too nervous for my taste. Anyway an option to assign a modifier key would be great, especially when doing live recording where the faders don’t get moved that much. For mixing I would prefer the current way, but that’s just me. :slight_smile:

+1

definitely +1

+1

+1

+1

+1 It would be nice to have a modifier key to activate scrolling, but I keep having too much accidental movement. Even when I turn off 1 finger scrolling in the OS X system preferences, it still scrolls in cubase

+1 even from a non-magic mouse user.

+1

+1

Only as an option.

+1

+1
also for nuendo please!

+1 it’s awful the unexpected results

+1
Highly disturbing feature.
Especially when there’s No Undo for mixer changes.
May be disabled as an option.

That’s what I’ve always needed but didn’t realize. Please get rid of accidental volume/pan changes by mouse scrolling – make it possible with pressing mode-key while scrolling on faders only. It could be a settable option.