Move accent horizontally

Is there a way to move an accent horizontally?

It is usual in classical guitar sheet music, when the melody is in the low register, to put accents on it so the interpret knows that it’s the melody. If there are 3 voices and the melody is in the middle voice, I would need to slightly offset the accent to the left or right to make it look nice.

Example, the first accent here:

Is there a way to do so?

Articulations attach to the notes (they are properties of the note itself); so if you attach them to the proper notes, you probably will not need to move them horizontally (although in the image below, I did use the properties panel to switch the accents on the eighth notes [quavers] from above the stem side to the notehead side).

accents.png

The short answer is “no”. If you really need to be able to move an articulation marking freely, then the easiest workaround I can think of is to create a Playing Technique that looks (and sounds?) like the relevant articulation marking, then use that in place of the real articulation. You can then drag it freely within Engrave mode.

Thank you, but you didn’t understand my post. The point being the accent on the first f# of the bar that needs to be moved horizontally.

Thank you, I will definitely try that.

If you have pointers on how to do this, that would be awesome.

Try this video or read the documentation.

Thanks.