Move evnironment from old DAW to new

My 8 year old DAW is nearing end of support and I purchased a new Dell XPS. What is the easy way to copy my profile and all saved preferences from old to new DAW?

I especially want to move the mixer saved settings that include my favorite compressor or full channel settings, etc?
thanks,
Kurt

Have you seen this yet?

Hi,

I’m not sure, if Cubase 8 was containing Profile feature already. If yes, export the profile from the File > Profile Manager. Then copy it to the new system and import the profile at the new system to Cubase. This way you can even get profile of an older Cubase version to the latest one.

If Profile Manager is not part of Cubase 8, you can copy the Preferences folder. But not all settings are stored in the preferences folder.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

If you want to migrate your Cubase 8 preferences to Cubase 11 preferences, you would need to rename Cubase 8_64 preferences folder to Cubase 11_64 preferences folder. Cubase 11 doesn’t migrate preferences from Cubase 8.

Thanks! I’m going C11 to C11. Under the file drop down, I do not see Profile Manager. I see Export subfolder but again no PM.

I’ll try and copy the folder without any changes.
Can they add this feature back in? It is good to have automation for this task.

Hi,

Which Cubase edition do you use? Might be, the Profile Manager is Cubase Pro only.

Pro. add more characters to fool the stupid AI.

In C11 it’s under the Edit menu