move staves page to page

Hi,
I would to move staves closer to another in a layout. I succeed to move staves on one page in engrave mode but I cannot move staves from a page to another one.
Thank you for your help.
O Delente

Instead of moving staves in engrave mode, open Layout Options and try using the settings in the Vertical Spacing section.

I agree with Ian.
And you should also probably use the function “Make into frame” in engrave mode : select the first note you want on your page (probably already the first note or barline of the page) and the last note or barline (probably on the following page) using ctrl-click. Then Make into frame, Dorico will then fit all the music in that page.

Hi,
Thank you for your help. Effectively I have already used , in engrave mode, select note and make frame but it’s only possible to move down staves not to move up staves with this process.
Cordially
O Delente

Olivier, it is possible, there is a difference between “Insert System Break” and “Make into Frame” and so on.
Could you attach your project here?

Thank you very much you are right I did not understand. Now it is ok and it is easy to move staves.

Hi,
I have another problem with staves. At the begining i had four pages on the same layout. I have moved up the staves and now only three pages is enough but i can’t move up the last stave and delete the four empty page.
Thank you for your help
O Delente

sorry i want to say :i can’t move up the last stave and delete the fourth empty page .

I don’t know what method you are using, but again : the solution is to use Make into frame wisely, and maybe changing space size in Layout options, page setup.

Zip up your project and attach it here, and we should be able to provide you some assistance.

Hi,
Now it is ok for moving up all the staves and i succeeded to delete the last empty page in print mode but not in engrave mode.
Cordially
O Delente

This is strange : Print mode is supposed to reflect what you have in Engrave mode ! Is the last page empty ? Have you made any change to its layout in Engrave mode ? If so, maybe resetting it (red corner in the right panel in engrave mode) could delete it.

Make sure you are looking at the same layout in Engrave mode – the name of the layout is shown in the tab in the tab bar at the top of the music editing area, if you’re using the tab bar, and in the layout selector in the middle of the top toolbar – and in Print mode – the current layout shown in the print preview is the first one that is selected in the Layouts list on the left-hand side of the window.

Hi, I think i was not enough precise in my precedent mail. EffectiveIy i see the empty page in print mode so i select page to page mode to print the layout. My question is : is there another way to delete the empty page ?
Cordially
O Delente

To delete an empty page, go to Engrave mode, select the page that is empty in the Pages panel on the right-hand side, and choose Remove Page Override from the right-click context menu.