Moving a tuplet in another voice.

Hey, I’m just starting out with Dorico 3.5 here, and this has been driving me insane for a couple of days.

I need to move a snare drum tuplet from a down-stem voice to an up-stem one, and I cannot figure out what is happpening here. I attached screenshots.

Is there a proper way to do it, that I’m missing?

For what it’s worth you could try pressing f to flip the stems if it’s all you need

Unfortunately, I also need the kick drum in the down-stem voice, so that doesn’t work. I did find a workaround by adding a second snare to the drum kit with an up-stem default, but I’m still wondering, if there’s a proper way. Thanks.

Beyond just hitting the “f” key to flip stems, as klafkid suggested, there are ways to set stem preferences in the Percussion section of Notation Options in addition to setting stem directions in the Kit editors themselves.

perc.png

If you consistently need the snare to be in the other voice, then you might find that editing the voice of the instrument in the Edit Percussion Kit dialog is the better way to go.

Derrek’s method doesn’t work for me either, so I guess I’ll stick to adding a second snare to the kit with a different stem direction, because I need snare in both voices. (Please add a way to disable Instrument autonumeration, adding a space before the second snare’s name doesn’t look good on the percussion instrument legend). Thank you so much for your help.

It seems that tuplets are not carried over when you change voice. I got confused by that just now. I guess there’s a reason for that?

Before:
Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 20.23.58

After:
Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 20.23.50

Actually, it looks like this is already known about.