Moving, removing frame breaks

A frame break has been created (automatically?) in the middle of a measure. Can anyone help me learn how to move the frame break to the next measure? Is there a way to remove frame breaks?

Thanks!

Can you show us a screen-shot of the problem?

My first instinct would be to reduce the staff size slightly on the Page Setup page of Layout Options – e.g. try rastral size 4 instead of the default rastral size 3. Another option would be to go to the Note Spacing page of Layout Options and set the note spacing value for a quarter note (crotchet) from 4 to e.g. 3 1/2 spaces.

Hi Derrek and Daniel,

Thank you for your replies. I have attached two screenshots of the problem. The first is as it was set up when I first wrote. The second shows what happened when I changed the note spacing from 3.90 to 3.50.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

As far as I’m aware there’s no situation where frame breaks are created automatically, except where the “make into frame” button has been clicked.

Given there’s a frame break at the top of the previous page, I suspect that you DID use the “make into frame” button, but you made fell into the trap of selecting the first and last NOTES you wanted on the page. You need to select the first note and the last barline you want on the frame (page) OR the first note you want on that page and the first note you want on the NEXT page. Though this may seem counterintuive, I believe it’s because breaks are entered at the rhythmic position at which the note begins (e.g. the start of the note).

Regardless, they’ve very easy to delete. Select the purple “Frame Break” signpost and hit the delete or backspace key on your keyboard.

Thank you pianoleo! Perfect!