Moving Tablature up the neck

I’m using the Tablature in the Score Ed for the first time (yeah I know, weird).

Is there any setting that will let me move the neck position where the tab gets displayed. I want it to show the exact same pitches, just on lower strings but higher up the neck.

I thought maybe the Capo setting would work. And that does let me get to the lower strings. But it changes the tab so the fret position number is relative to the capo position - i.e. if the capo is at the 5th fret and the note is on the 7th fret the tab will show that as a 2 (5=2=7).

thanks for any advice

I’m sure you found the answer, but I’m posting anyway…
Right click the notes and choose the string.

Almost missed this 'cause we don’t get notifications about posts from the old forum. Thanks for answering.

Yeah, I did find those but they weren’t actually moving it to a different string, it stayed on the same string. I think I gave up and wrote it out by hand. Which is not something anyone ever wants to see.

That was on Cubase 10.5. Seems to be working fine now on C11 and a month old reinstallation of Windows 10.

1 Like

Interesting. Maybe only Cubase 10.5 on windows has this issue, because on macOS (Mojave 10.14.6) the “move to string…” command works as expected.

Possible, but I suspect it was specific to my system or even that Project since no one else has flagged it as a problem

1 Like