MP3 Encoder question???

Hello,

I demoed Cubase Elements last week before purchasing Cubase Artist 8.5. I purchased the MP3 Encoder off of the Steinberg website while demoing Elements so I could bounce to mp3 when exporting my projects. Now that I have Artist 8.5, the MP3 Encoder will not show up when exporting projects in Artist. The license for the MP3 Encoder is registered and active in my eLicenser Control Center.

Any suggestions as to how to get Cubase Artist to recognize the MP3 encoder? Or, do I have to purchase the MP3 Encoder again?

Thanks.

Hi,

MP3 coder is part of Cubase Artist license. So you should be able to export MMP3 even without the MP3 Patcher, from Cubase Artist.

Do I understand right, you cannot see the “MPEG 1 Layer 3 File” in the list of File Formats in your Cubase Artist? If this is true, try to reset your Cubase Artist, preferences, please.

I do see it now. Thanks so much. I think what I am going to do going forward is keep a separate window open when running Cubase. So, I’ll have the manual in one window and Cubase running in the other window. The manual is a bit daunting considering it is over 1,000 pages long. :open_mouth:

Thanks again.

Cubase is very complex software with lots of possibilities. It’s impossible to explain it on less pages. In fact those 1000 pages don’t cover all options – no chance.