MPK49/Cubase 6 - No pan control for audio tracks

Greetings everyone!

I am trying to help a friend setup his Akai MPK49 w/ Cubase 6 and have run into a perplexing problem. So far with a bit of tweaking (with the MPK set to the Cubase setting) I have managed to get everything working out properly (fader controls, transport, etc.), but for some reason I can’t get controls K1-K8 on the MPK to control the appropriate channel pans. When I go into Device Setup → Generic Controller and use the MIDI Learn function on the Pan 1-8 and it changes the MIDI channel to the corresponding channel (i.e. - K1 = 1, K2 =2, K3 = 3, etc.) and the MIDI CC is set to 10 for each channel. When I apply the settings and exit out the Device Setup screen, none of the K1-8 controls will control the panning on Audio tracks. It only seems to control the pan on Instrument Tracks. I’ve even tried changing the MIDI channel on all the pans to “1” and still no control over Audio Channel pans.

Needless to say I am pretty confused as to why the controls are not controlling Audio Track pans. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, what can I try to fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help.