I have used the MR816 for years successfully on many Mac OS X. From Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Yosemite and most recently, El Capitan. Other than some minor stability issues and Word Clock Synchronisation it has been a fantastic unit.
On the 20th September, 2018 all of my Macs simply stopped being able to see the MR816, yet the computers can see all of my other Audio Interfaces.
I contacted Steinberg Support, raised a ticket and was instructed to do everything that I had already done.
- Uninstall and Reinstall most up to date Drivers V1.7.8. No Change in status.
- Update Fimware. Firmware was already up to date - but as no computer could see the MR816 I couldn’t do it anyway.
- Perform a Hardware Reset. No change in Status.
- Reinstall El Capitan. No change in status.
- Try with different Firewire cables, even though all other Audio Interfaces work fine with the current ones. No change in status.
I have even gone through and removed everything associated to Yamaha and Steinberg from the computer, just in case there was any remnant of old data that has stopped connectivity between the MR816 and any computer.
The ticket has been open for over 20 days and I am no closer to being able to use the MR816.
When powered up, the usual LED’s flash but there is no Word Clock synchronisation occurring, thus no computer can see the device and the MREditor displays “Device Not Found”. I have used the MR816 in conjunction with other devices to create aggregate devices on all Macs and until now this has never been a problem.
Has anyone else had these problems? I have tried everything on this forum. Are there any hardware tests that can be done to either confirm that the MR816 is broken, or resolve these connectivity issues?
Any responses will be greatly appreciated, as would any response from Yamaha/Steinberg.
All the best,