March 12, 2019—KB4489899 Win 10 Build causes compatability issues with the MR816x
Driver compatablity issue with the MR816x that causes random blue-screen errors, system restarts and boot loops when the MR816x is powered on.
Error Codes you might encounter:
- WDF_Violation - useually driver related
- Bad_Pool_Caller Error - useally hardware related
If you turn off the MR816x and power on the machine, Win 10 will function as normal. As soon as you turn on the MR816x and it communicates with the MR utility, the system instantly bluescreens or reboots. It can also causes boot loops where Win 10 will prepetually try to load or try repair the issue (if you leave the unit powered on)
EDIT: Here’s a quick video showing you the problem (unlisted) : https://youtu.be/2LerAONLe-E
Things I’ve done to test / reach this conclusion
- Re-installed Win 10
- Removed and tested hardware individually (RAM, GPU, Storage ETC…)
- Tried different driver sets for system (including latest drivers for ALL devices)
- Tried a different PCI Firewire card (to connect the MR816x)
- Used an older build of Win 10 (Worked Fine)
Previously had NO issues until this update.