MRK files in final bounce folder

Hi All.
How do I stop the MRK files from appearing in my final folder of bounced audio?

What settings do you have selected on this page?

And there is also this option in the Render Options in the Render Ribbon Tab that you can turn off.

Ok, so when I do the first stage and render a Whole Montage, I should leave ‘copy markers’ on.
When I do my final bounce of the rendered files (and select all regions) I turn ‘copy markers’ off. Correct?

That’s what I do. I’ve attached a few screen shots including of my render presets which makes this easier to do without thinking about it.

01 is my initial render
02 is when I render track by track
03 is all the various render presets I’ve saved although I normally just use a handful of the same ones.

Thanks for clarifying this Justin. Makes me feel less of a noob.

No problem. I prefer the option in Preferences that embeds the marker in the metadata header and then certain render presets dictate if markers get written at all.

When I render vinyl sides I choose to embed the markers in case the cutting engineer is using a DAW that can read the markers.

Can you share a link to your render presets?

It’s the 2nd option on this page:

As always, many thanks.

Justin, in your opinion, when mastering, what is the key benefit to placing mixes on alternate
stereo tracks as opposed to a single track?

There is no major or hidden reason, it’s more out of personal preference and habit. This goes back to the early 2000s and using CD Architect, before I ever heard of WaveLab.

I think the default layout of CD Architect was two tracks and you’d stagger the files back and forth between track 1 and track 2 so when I started using WaveLab, it also had this option so I just started using it.

Even though 90% of projects I do could get by with just 1 montage track, I like using two because with two tracks you still get a pretty big waveform view, but it makes it so you’re ready if any crossfades are needed and while you can crossfade two clips on a single track, you get more control and better visuals when you use two separate tracks.

When I started out I was doing a lot of punk and garage rock albums where the songs often overlapped a little bit. Maybe not major crossfades but where the next song would kick in while the last note or cymbal decay of the previous song was still ringing out so I think I subconsciously just prefer a layout where it’s easy to overlap two songs at any given time, even after you send out version 1 and then the client decides to overlap a song or songs.

With this layout I’m just ready for anything without having to rearrange too much. Since WaveLab 11 came out, I tend to use 1 track but staggering on two lanes for a similar concept.

That being said, when I’m doing a single song and there are multiple versions of the same song (instrumental, TV mix, clean, version, etc.), I just use a single track and single lane because the chances of an overlap needing to happen in those cases are basically impossible.

2 Likes