MS decoding in Cubase

I have a session that was recorded with MS mic configuration. Is there a way to configure the MS channels in Cubase? Logic has a plugin for that. Do I have to reach out for a third party plugin?

Thanks

You can do it by simply using the standard three channel MS - decoding matrix - no need for a plugin…
The UFX can do it also for input and Playback channels…

Thanks,

Unfortunately, I did not record the session. The session was recorded normally and I was given a Logic file with the MS plugin engaged. So the channels were recorded as normal.

Means what? Obviously an MS recording consists of a “mid” and a “side” signal track, which you can decode the usual way, doesn´t matter who recorded it, as long as he knows what he´s doing.
Voxengo has a free MS Plugin, if it is for your PC Rig…

Of course I could just duplicate and phase reverse the side mic but I was wondering if there is something similar to Logic’s plugin. Even if it’s a third party one. This project is going to go to multiple people and many of them may not be using Cubase. That’s why things are a bit complicated.

One more reason IMHO to create a matrix: note MID / SIDE levels and send with the project. settings can be restored by everyone, eithout having to deal with different decoder plugin settings…

Anyway here´s the Voxengo Plugin - it´s for Mac (AU) also…

Thanks for the link, as you said, I will probably stick with the matrix after all. I will try the plugin though :wink:

Hmm… so I started working on the project.

The problem is that the ms pair is recorded as a stereo file.

So is there any way I can process it without separating it into two mono channels?
Checking the voxengo plugin now.

Separate it into two files, it takes 2 mins to do!!!

I know, but people who will work on it later will want it as one file so that they can use the Logic plugin…

I hate when things aren’t done the correct way…

What was wrong with the Voxengo Plugin?

Can it not decode from a stereo file?

Sure does, however I would prefer to work as you said, as separate mono files… :frowning:

Then, split (pun intended) the file and work with separate mono files.

After you’ve done your work, export it back to one file. Problem solved.

Use sends…