Multi-instrument percussion labels

You are right. Percussion labels are for unpitched percussion instrument IIRC.

It works with any instrument, so there must be a naming issue somehow. Unneeded items can be hidden (scaled down to 1%)…

@MarcLarcher

Select a note on a staff, invoke the context menu (ctrl-click or right click), Percussions > Percussion label or smth like that :wink:

Thank you very much, but if I do it, nothing happens:

@fratveno

I have resetted to defaults the names, so it doesn´t seem to be the case…

Thank you for your time!

You have the signpost (cartél) that appears, which means it’s there, but hidden for this layout. There should be an option in Layout options > Players > Percussions to show those labels (probably off by default on the full score and on in the parts)

Only visible on 5 line staves…

1 Like

Maybe I’m too tired today, but I can’t see any similar option in Layout Options, sorry…

My mistake — I didn’t have Dorico opened under my eyes. The fact that the signpost is there indicates that the percussion label is requested there, but not shown for a reason. I assumed the reason was a Layout option (because it could have been a reasonable explanation) but the actual reason was given just before this answer (thanks @fratveno) : it appears Percussion labels do work on 5-line-staff representation, not 1-line… Sorry for messing this up.

Don’t worry, You have helped me a lot and I have learned a few things from Dorico that I did not know.

Thanks to both of you!

1 Like

Just wondering… what other instruments than Timpani are allocated to Percussion 1 … ?

In this case it was just timpani, but in other scores I have the same problem if the performer plays marimba, xylophone and, for example, snare drum and triangle. Or timpani and claves.

BTW, I patched the problem in this case with text popover.

Just timpani was the problem then…:blush: There must be at least 2 instruments for this scheme to work…

1 Like