Multi-measure rests breaking at text

Thinking about this some more, I’d like to add my voice to others in this thread, who would like an option for Multi-bar rests to not be broken by text. I understand the logic that “if there is anything within a bar, then it isn’t empty”. But in many of the cases above, we would like to use the logic of: “If there are no NOTES in a bar, then it is musically empty”. Or alternatively: “If there are rests in consecutive bars in the score, then Multi-bar rests should be available in the parts, regardless of what else is attached to those bars”.

So an option to exempt text from breaking Multi-bar rests would be very welcome.

John.

1 Like

For further consideration. How do I resolve this problem?

I want rehearsal “B” and rehearsal “C” to act like rehearsal “A” (which only works because none of the parts have rests). If I use Engrave mode as oft suggested above, sure, I can slide the section name over, but the rehearsal mark still remains elevated…

There’s no good solution for this presently other than moving manually in Engrave. Items like tempo marks will align beside a rehearsal mark that shares the downbeat, but not text items.