Multi-rest formatting mess

Hello all. I’m working on parts for a piece, and somehow one of them has come out all garbled. It appears that it has to do with multi-bar rests (see attached image) involving changing time signatures not translating correctly from the full score to the part. For example, in the actual score, there are indeed 6 measures of rest beginning at measure 33 – 1 measure of 3/16 and 5 measures of 4/4 – but in the part it is all clumped together, as you can see. A similar situation occurs with the 19-bar rest at the end of that same line.

Anyone know what’s going on or how to fix it? I haven’t even gotten through editing all my other parts so it may have done this in others ones, but I hope not. Thank you!
Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 4.05.16 PM.png

Does it change anything if you switch off, then back on “Show multi-bar rests” in Layout options/Players for this particular layout?

The OP’s image seems to be trying to force a lot of musical information before the manual system break. Perhaps removing and reapplying (or completely re-configuring) the System Break would shed some light on what is causing the problem.

If deleting and recreating the system break doesn’t solve the problem, I’d be happy to look at the project for you. Please either zip it up and attach it here or send it to me by email at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de, with a link to this thread in the email to remind me what it’s related to.

Hi all. Thank you so much for your help. I tried simply turning off and back on multi-bar rests and it didn’t fix the problem. Then, as an experiment, I turned off multi-bar rests again, and then went in and created system breaks to sort of separate the measures with those different meters that had been contained in the garbled multi-bar rests previously. I then switched back on multi-bar rests and – voila! – it was (almost) fixed. Only one multi-bar rest (of 6/4) remained odd-looking (the time signature was in the middle of the rest symbol). I didn’t even really know what I was doing, but I selected the time signature and tinkered with the “offset” adjustment in the toolbar at the bottom of the page and was able to work it out. See attached screenshot (still needs a little cleaning up, but you’ll get the idea). Thanks again!
Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 10.43.44 PM.png

I have the same bug as zmaine. It looks like the multi-rest feature doesn’t take the time signatures into account (unless there is a system break).

I will also send my score to you Daniel, with a link to this thread.

Another thing : this only happens when there is “missing” space. Putting one system break, by giving more space, seems to remove the symbol “scrambling”, giving nice multiple multi-rests separated by time signatures and rehearsal marks.

I’ve just run into this as well. See attached. It seems to be to do with the player changing instrument. I have another player with nothing else in their hand resting as well and that part is perfectly fine.
Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 22.24.27.png

Yes, we’re sorry about this problem. It will definitely be fixed in the forthcoming minor update, which should be with you (just) before the end of the month.