Multi tap delay causes crash or audio drop out

Hi,
Anyone expierencing: multi tap delay causes cubase crash or audio drop out?
Seems that it takes a lot of cpu or does something different. It doesnt happen with other plugins and drop outs stop after unloading or turning of (not bypass)
For now problem is only solved by not using it…
Computer seems to be very well suited to do its job :wink:
Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Hi,

Could you attach the *.crash/dmp file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

If you say that…

no, not on my machines and I don’t remember any reported issues regarding this…

Hi,

The MultiTap Delay can be quite CPU hungry, if you pack it with lots of effects in it. So I can imagine, it could bring an audio drop-outs. If this is the case, increase your Audio Device Buffer Size, please.

I haven’t heard about crashes.

hi,
Yeah it seems like its hungry. Cubase behaves like that. But in the performance meters nothing is visible. I waited with my reply until I started a new project, and used 2 instances of multitap delay and suddenly, audio of soms channels went quiet and then a total windows crash.
I like the plugin. Just had some very nice soundshaping with it. Used some automation on eq, delay and bypass.
small audiotrack project.
I try to find the crashdump file.
Thanks

There is a problem with the crashreport. No report writen since april 15th
are those saved in case I have to close the software by ctrl alt del end program?

Hi,

No, in this case, the files are not written.

But if you force the quit, you can generate a DMP file from the Task Manager dialog. Right-click the application/process (Cubase in this case) and choose the option to Generate DMP file.