Multiple e-Licenser Control errors with Cubase 10.0.20

Hello all, Has anyone encountered multiple, but sporadic eLicenser error messages on starting, since updating to Cubase 10.0.20?

I am seeing a varied range of “eLicenser Control - Error” messages, including “Class Not Registered” Application Not Registered" “Failed to send GetInfo command” “Materializing Failed” (I’d love to know what that one means!) some referring to Cubase 10 / Artist, and some to VST Transit or VST Connect.
Get Info error.jpeg
If I boot up Cubase 9, these don’t appear at all, and occasionally they won’t appear with Cubase 10 either, especially after re-bootin the Mac completely. This was logged twice with Steinberg’s own helpline in the last two weeks, (including sending them the eLicenser log) with no response from them at all !!

I am running OS 10.12.6 on a well spec’d 2009 MacPro. I have re-installed the elicenser control software x 5, and Cubase 10 x 3, and the dongle is plugged directly into the front USB port. I am currently trying running the Mac with all USB devices disconnected apart from the keyboard, mouse and dongles. (Is the such a thing as a USB address / device clash?)

Im very familiar with OS X, so quite happy to do some hunting if anyone has any clues what to do next?
Thanks

Steve
Materializing error.jpeg
class error.jpeg

1. Try trashing the prefs for C10, seemed to help here and yes I had SAME issues and have NEVER had e licenser issues before.

2. Another thing I did was run the latest e licenser installer and run the UNINSTALL,

3. reboot the Mac doing the Command+Option+P+R and hold those down till you hear it chime twice then let go. Resetting NVRAM. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound. Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

4. Then run the installer and install the latest. Then perform the maintenance task with the e licenser. Run Cubase and see what ya get

5. Try booting Cubase in safe mode to see what the e licenser app does

This issue has stopped me in my tracks… I have the exact same messages. Did you resolve it?

Had the same problem after installing Cubase 10 Pro. Performed eLicenser maintenance and trashed CB 10 prefs. So far so good…

Downloadthe latest e licenser BUT YOU MUST TAKE THE ELINCENCER USB PIN OUT BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THE NEW ,THEN YOU CAN PUT IT IN AGAIN,I DO IT SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE IT WORKS FORE ME AGAIN

Move the key to another USB port. that is the only thing that work for me.

I have occasionally run into this situation with Cubase 10 Pro, but fortunately not for a while. However, when I updated to Cubase 10.5 Pro, I get a raft of eLicenser error messages every single time I try to open it. As such, I have not been able to use it at all! However, I’m presently not able to “upgrade” my Mac Pro beyond High Sierra, and Cubase 10.5 claims it is only compatible with the more recent OSX, Mojave and Catalina, so I guess I’m stuck. But Fortunately, Cubase 10.0.40 has been working fine with no error messages!

This seems to be a problem with the eLicenser supply voltage that you’ll get if you use a USB hub or a USB port that doesn’t supply enough power. What it’s trying to do is clear the eLicenser USB memory. It has to have enough voltage to do this. If you’re using an unpowered USB socket, it just won’t work.