Multiple instruments rack

Hello, I have a very very very dumb question.

I want to create, lets say, 5 rack instruments with the same VST (Kontakt in this case). For example in a scoring session i like to have all five strings section in a separate Kontakt istance… is there a way to say “Create 5 Kontakt 5 rack instruments” ?

Dumb question over.

Cheers :smiley:

5 separate instances is track instruments rather than rack.

Nope, because inside the Violins I (for example) I’m going to have “Legato patch, tremolo patch, spiccato patch, sustain patch, pizzicato patch, marcato patch” etc. and some of them are controlled via Mod Wheel, others via Velocity. Way better not to have an Instrument track on its own and many MIDI tracks connected to the same VST Rack instrument

You can now use either rack or track, F11 and choose either.

I think you’re missing the point of the question which is how to add multiple instruments to the rack at once.

With instrument tracks you can do it from the add track dialogue, you select instrument and select how many instances you want.
As far as I’m aware there is no equivalent way to add multiple instances to the rack, you just have to do them one at a time.
(Or prepare a template with all the instruments you’re likely to need and have them disabled until needed)

If that was the genuine question (Is there a shortcut to pressing F11 x 5, Grim, then I am overjoyed at missing the point.

Not quite sure what you mean by this though it sound like you’re anything but overjoyed :confused:
If rack is open (F11) then you have to select an instance of Kontakt, then another, then another till you have selected all five. This is what I guess manu is trying to avoid.

Thank you Grim, you understood my question. I’ll try the template one, big size template (full orchestra for example) and then remove the unused MIDI tracks and Kontakt rack instruments.

Thank you :slight_smile: