Multiport MIDI interface for Windows 7

Hey, Just to give everyone heads-up. I’m running Cubase 6.5.2 on a win XP system with no problems at all!
Steinberg says Cubase 6 is NOT supported, but never said it wouldn’t run on a XP system!..Cheers!!

Hello Paulo,
I’d like to ask you few questions on driver installation.
Being far away from home I decided to test installation you described for AMT8.
I managed to follow all steps. Both registry keys have been successfully added. It was a bit tricky for root\Media key, it didn’t let me change owner rights even under administrator account but I used third party tool to make it happen.

Finally after reboot new driver appeared in Sound, video, game controllers → emagic AMT8.
But no any MIDI in/out ports are visible from sequencer.
Sure, I don’t have AMT8 with me. Is it the root cause? I meant if AMT8 is disconnected or powered off, should I still see Midi ports in the list?

and another question. I’ve never used AMT8 serial connection and don’t have cable from the box. I’ve just read that normal null-modem cable needs to be reworked:
http://www.kymatasound.com/AMT8RS232.htm
is it true?

Hope, to get answer from you. Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Sorry for reviving this thread. Read this thread and my 8x8 predicament is as bad as everyone elses here. The level of the responses I noticed was high and so I will offer my story and hope someone reads it and can help.

My Midisport 8x8/s USB just died. :frowning: In Cubase and other DAW’s I can see all eight midi ports though I use only seven and all are Midi channel 1, so I distinguish them by port number. And yes there is a driver for Windows 7 64 bit. Luck me!

TSI http://www.tsirepair.com/ informed me that to send in the Midisport and they may be able to repair it. It’s a gamble.

In my closet I found a dusty Roland A-880 which is 8x8. This is a 8 in and 8 out midi patcher/mixer without USB. Yes, truly a miracle!? Eight midi in and eight midi out. I can map all my eight midi in to go to a single midi out. I need 7 midi controllers to go down a single USB connector which I plug into my computer.

My question:
If I get a “midi to USB device” http://tinyurl.com/bgr9nho or a “midi pci card” will the single midi out plugged in to the adaptor be able to handle the midi stream? Will I be able to see the all eight ports in Cubase?

It will be another miracle if I can get the one midi out into a usb. Please help.

Steinberg staff, I see an opportunity here…

For everyone who wants to use Unitor8 (Serial connection) with Windows7 32bit, the Registry-files of Paolo have to be modified.
Similar to Paolo I checked the registry settings on WindowsXP and changed all Unitor8-relating values in Paolos .reg-files and it works great with my oldschool digi9652 and Cubase6.5 on Windows7 32bit. If you like to install the driver for Unitor8 serial, use Paolos tutorial in combination with the following modified .reg-files…for sure I don’t guarantee for nothing, you can do it at your own risk :slight_smile:
Registry_Unitor8.zip (2.38 KB)

Or how about a community effort?

In a dream multi-port interface, with hardware thru ports for all in ports and software routing capabilities, how many in’s and how many out’s would you want?

Hmmm, no one has an interest in a multi-port interface?

I ended up getting the MOTU MidiExpress 128

And so far I am happy with it.