Multitrack recording a drumkit help?

Hello, I am having a noob (ish) problem. I am quite experienced with Cubase as I used it for years at college however i now use it at home and have come across a problem trying to record a drum kit with 4 mikes.
I have an iMac running OSX 10.09.04, Cubase Elements 7, with an Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0 that has 4 mono and 2 stereo inputs, but when I mike up a kit, all the audio tracks in Cubase output the same signal.
For example, Ive got a mike on the kick, snare/hat, and 2 overheads, so i add 4 mono audio tracks to cubase and they all produce the same signal.
Is it possible to route the inputs on the desk to each output track in cubase?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Yes simply create 4 mono inputs and 2 stereo inputs in your vst connection (F4 inputs tab) plug in your alesis audio card and plug each audio track on each input in the inspector

hi, thanks for the response :slight_smile:
as far as i can tell, I’m either doing something wrong or this hasn’t worked as it’s still doing the same thing :confused:
I don’t get it though because it seems like such a simple thing to do? All my meters are still reading the same signal.

Possibly not. These cheap compact mixers usually just provides 2 channels of USB audio (L+R). Cannot verify this, because Alesis doesn’t allow me to download manuals without registering (one good reason not to buy any Alesis product).

Yes the inspector says output stereo left or stereo right so i think this interface only has 2 channels of output :confused:

Also might be true in this case, the number of in- and outputs does not depend on what the inspector says, since the inspector only shows what you have configured.