MusGlyphs 2.0

Hi folks, I’m planning an update to MusGlyphs. I’d like to hear from current users what glyphs they would like to see added.

I’m already planning on adding key signatures with alto clef. Please me know what other glyphs would be helpful, or other ways I can improve the font. Thanks!

PS: it would also be helpful to hear if users think it would be better to split the font out into multiple fonts for different sub categories at this point. It’s getting a little big.

2 Likes

Perhaps not most important, but if possible could you somehow modify the font so that the Missing Fonts dialog would not show up when opening a project that uses MusGlyphs?

It is probably my fault, but I always end up with this message :slight_smile:

Happy New Year!

That’s because you’ve set the Bold style on some text in MuseGlyphs. There’s no Bold weight of MuseGlyphs.

I responded to your FB post too, but “Standard Accidentals for Chord Symbols” would be great to have!
https://www.w3.org/2019/03/smufl13/tables/standard-accidentals-for-chord-symbols.html

Sure this is already on your radar, but all baroque C clefs and French violin (G clef on bottom line) would be handy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tuplets like 5, 7, 9, 11 etc. - would be absolutely great to have😊

Can you describe more about this please?

1 Like

Typing 3qqq I am getting a quarter 3-tuplet, but I am not able to get 5-tuplet typing 5qqqqq or 7 tuplet with 7qqqqqqq. It would be a nice addition. Typing sss3 I am getting a tuplet, but after I hit space, I am getting S, two sixteenth and 3…Typing hhh3 I do not get a tuplet etc…I was trying to get a result typing 3sss and sss3, 5sssss and sssss5 and so one with other lengts of notes, but I succced just by 3qqq. Some kind of intuitiv consistence would be very appreciated😊 Any way - such a great job you did😊 Thank you

I wish I had MusGlyphs 10 years ago when I prepared a lot of lessons. It is a marvelous thing. I don’t do much of that anymore, but I can see why people really like it.

Thanks Dan for the great work !

What I wish would be added are more time signatures (I know it’s a lot of work though).

As for splitting the font into multiple ones, as far as I am concerned I prefer having only one font to use (especially since I’m developing an iOS app that uses Musglyphs, so it’s not quite convenient -if at all doable- to have multiple fonts in a same label/button for instance).

Good luck and thanks again !

Hi Dan. I only recently discovered your MusGlyphs, bought it and absolutely love it. Thank you for this! This is an old thread and I’m too late for 2.0 (I just got 2.1.1) but, for 3.0 someday…

I’d love if we had curly brackets that were capable of what you did with parenthesis, where you enter 1, 2 or 3 of them for medium, small or large heights but always having reasonably the same thickness. Left curly brackets come into play when needing to relate adjacent staves, especially in organ music, and it would be Great, it would be downright Swell, if this were part of my notation Console. (Ugh, okay, I’ll stop!) Thanks again.

1 Like

Yes, “stop.” Pipe down before the thread becomes rank. :grimacing:

:rofl::zipper_mouth_face:

Hi @dan_kreider I purchased yesterday MusGlyphs 2.1 and find it AMAZING!!! Thank you very much for your wonderful work!

1 Like

Hey folks, here’s an update to MusGlyphs, version 2.2. It fixes 3h, 5h, 7h, and 3hhh.

Try it please and let me know if it works as expected. Thanks.

8 Likes