Everything was done manually. The vocal stuff was cut up and individually manipulated in the project window, and then I took one of my synth sounds starting at 0:53, bounced it to audio, and did the same thing with it.
Similarly, the glitchy synth lead starting at 1:57 was a combination of three different sounds, including one with a short portamento to give it that “squeaky” sound, which I manually programmed each MIDI note for in a sort of similar way.
I find that the more automated plugins you try to use, the less interesting the music. So… it took a while, and it was a difficult endeavor, but I learned a lot from the experience. Electronic music definitely isn’t my strong suit.
Agree about the intro. With the amount of time I’d spent on this song, I thought I just better call it done and move on to something else, so the intro was the unfortunate victim of that decision.