Music not filling frame horizontally

I’m trying to get a system to fill the music frame horizontally, but I’m not sure how because I’m not sure why it’s not in the first place. It’s a short flow, only two systems long, and the first system (8 bars) fills the frame on page 1, but the second (also 8 bars, similar music) fills only about 1/2 the frame, horizontally. Is there a way to stretch it to fill the whole frame?

Jeremy

Layout Options—Note Spacing. “Only justify system in flow when…”

Yeah, I tried that and it didn’t work, but I just exited the program and reopened it and it’s working now. I seem to have to do that a lot to get things to work properly…

Honestly, that is not normal. I seldom need to close and reopen a document for it to look as it should. Maybe there’s something in your system that is causing these problems?

Agreed with Marc: I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve needed to restart to get something to render properly since Dorico 1.0 and I use it multiple hours a day. Sounds like there is something odd going on.

Yeah, I think it is something glitchy with the installation. My PC itself shouldn’t be the issue as it’s pretty new, but I’ve been meaning to do a clean re-install but I haven’t gotten around to it. I don’t use Dorico that frequently yet as it still lacks some features/flexibility I want/need. I mostly use it to practice in preparation for when that day comes that it can do everything I need. Marc, that ended up being part of the issue in that other thread you commented on about removing rests.

Thanks for the help!

JAW

What happens if you remove the Master Page Override on page two (change it to score Default)? Or does the override to Page 1 account for the ability to stretch that system? Can you attach the actual Dorico file?