Music Studio with Midi Guitar 2 - Aftertouch for Volume Dynamics?

I’m using two ways to play through Music Studio: the Lekholm DM48 MIDI Harmonica, and standard harmonicas played into Midi Guitar 2 and routed out to external synths in the iPad. A big difference between them is that with the DM48 the volume slider goes up and down depending on my breath force, whereas with MG2 triggering sounds in MS, the volume slider needs to be moved to position and stays put. So the sound is very much on/off and not dynamic.

I asked about this in the MG2 Forum, and was told:

“We have implemented aftertouch (you have to enable it, it is left of screen, under bends), but most synths ignore this completely or are tremendously vague about it. The easiest way to get this going, especially when playing monophonically, is to convert this aftertouch into a CC value. Most synths have mechanisms to bind CC’s to knobs in the interface, and a few cc’s have standard meanings. CC7 is always volume, CC1 is always mod. CC2 is mostly filter cutoff. CC64 is hold (all notes reverberat…”

I really like Music Studio and would love to have volume dynamics with Midi Guitar 2 Aftertouch output. Is it possible to achieve this somehow?