Musical Mode Default Activated upon Recording Audio Event

I’ve tried to find an answer to this in a few reddit and facebook Cubase groups and did a whole mess of searching here and through the manual and I’m either completely missing it or it’s not a feature that is available.

I am attempting to find a way to have audio events recorded with the musical mode activated without having to open up the event and click the note or find the event in the pool and clicking on the note in there. There are some experimental slowing downs and speeding ups I would like to do in the process of recording a project and being able to already have recorded material in musical mode would hugely speed up my workflow for the duration.

If anyone has any suggestions, I’m all eyes and I hugely appreciate the input.

Thanks!

…barked up the wrong tree…removing this

I don’t know of any way to have them set automatically.
If you have info line open one click in the musical mode box after recording will set all files you just recorded as they are all selected.

@ Larioso…Musical Timebase and Musical Mode are not the same thing (but be sure we have all confused the two at some point)

Thanks for pointing that out.
Removed comment.

Bummer. I was hoping someone had a suggestion. Currently, the only method of accomplishing it quickly is clicking on the waveform recorded, clicking on the musical note, and then moving on to the next one.

Bizarrely enough, when moving onto the next one, after that is finished another waveform has to be clicked on before I can return to the one just recorded to click the musical note. It’s tedious and it works but I’d love to find an alternative to doing this one waveform at a time. (:

-= george =-

This has bugged me for years. There really should be a default option setting for this. FEATURE REQUEST!!!

There is a command- it’s not really what you’re asking for, but it might be a suitable workaround. :nerd:

Experiment with the command: Audio>Advanced>Set Definition from Tempo

1 Like