Must upgrade features in 6 !

The new TimeStretching-Pitchift algorithm (Elastic Audio) is the one for me, sounds really good now (finally):

as well as the new Note Expression:

Also I like the idea to replace the Halion One with Halion Sonic SE, the old one just didn’t “fit” for me with the rest of the program, it was way to basic instrument!!! Still don’t know if Halion Sonic SE has multiple out channels thou, like Groove Agent One?!! Would be really cool…
However I too (as many others!) am missing the track background colors :frowning:

@ abstract:

Yes! HalionSE comes with many outputs! (see > 4:50)

“track background colours”: I think it´s now better for the eyes, the mixer in C6 appears more clearer. I prefer that.
Consider → this is also in Pro Tools/Logic/Nuendo etc. (!) …and in this DAWs the mixer channels are also “free-user-colored”. :wink:
However, we have to live with that, seems so.

I completely agree with Puma 0382. What Coachz says bears no relation to reality. The amount of stuff written on the old forum about the superiority of Pro Tools for recording real drummers - and coachz says the improvements in C6 don’t interest him as someone who records real music and musicians. Such obvious hogwash. I know I shouldn’t be goaded into responding to that sort of nonsense, but it does make me wonder why coachz spends time on the Cubase forum if he’s so sure it’s rubbish.

Steve

By the way…
now you can not delete a track with the backspace key!!! (new C6 “Feature”)

how cool is that???

:sunglasses:

No worries. I own cubase and used it today even. Its just not going where i want it to go. I’m learning reaper and hope to move on. That is all. Use what works best for you and make some great music !

The thing about this or the “irony” as it’s been put earlier is, you can record in one program eg Reaper, Pro-tools, etc and mix in cubase, so everything said in this thread can be interpreted as pure bluff.

Having said that however, there was a time when Cubase/Nuendo did not export interleave surround stems but I think now with this latest update the problem is solved, i.e. with the 192Khz sample rate.

What it means is you are now left to decide which applications you want to use for what purpose(s) and are thus not bound in any artificial way, so at the end of the day there is no point in whinging about something you don’t need to purchase for any purpose, e.g no one is making anyone buy wavelab simply because there is an option to export audio into it directly, just as no one is making anyone purchase cubase just to do tracking and then nuendo to do mixing.

GL all

64-bit native support on OSX is a big step up and will only get better with point-version revisions. That’s a big “must upgrade” feature for myself, and probably a lot of Mac customers.

This is worth a read (the whole thread, not just this page, particularly post #11);

From my point of view C6 is very stable so far. The new surround panners are excellent (even though pan information from C5 projects seems to get lost when opening in C6). The Elastique Pro 2 algo. and tempo detection are also excellent additions.

The upgrade fee works out to a little over £1 a week for the expected life of the product, and I think its worth that to be abreast of what is happening!

Ahh, the old “its only a dollar a week trick”. Great for selling vacuum cleaners and encyclopedias door to door.

Your comments starts to getting a bit odd. If Cubase 6 is not the right choice for you and no one forces you to buy it (I repeat myself here) why don’t you choose something else instead?
I would prefer if your comments could become more constructive or maybe this is not the right forum for you.

Hell I paid $450 for PT9 mainly because of Beat Detective and having BD has already paid off the purchase of PT. I’m thrilled that Steinberg added some loving in this department along with the new grouping and comping so to me $150 is a bargain.

I also was worried that this version would be a bunch of “beat box” improvements which I could care less about so it was a relief to see the audio side get some attention because I was literally standing at the crossroads of going PT or staying with Cubase but with this update I’ll use PT when I have to and use C6 as my main DAW

Can confirm that, absolutely. Similar situation here, we use every day PT (BD = love it!), Logic and (ok, mostly) Cubase/Nuendo.
With the new audio features of C6 (and of course of the great midi possibilities), for me personally, I prefer now Cubase as my main DAW in the future.
Just because of the drum multi editing and replacement features.
But (!) the competition is not asleep…We will see.

Thanks Dad but I have a history of plenty of positive comments so don’t you worry your pretty little head.

What are you trying to tell the forum coachz, that you’ve had enough of the Steinberg schedule aka product lifecycle?

Get used it man or use reaper as you are threatening to do but don’t come to this place and whine for virtually no reason.

In any case you won’t get the stability of use with $3 software that you do with steinberg and as you probably should know it’s more about running a stable system than features so if your feeling for enjoyment of Cubase as a toy has finally subsided maybe you can consider deleting your account because no one seems to care.

Cheerio

are you saying that reaper is not stable ? if that is true, i need to know

You are stable annoying the others.

if you’re going to disparage a “$3” piece of software then simply answer the question if it truly is not stable. And for those “annoyed”, I started this thread so please feel free to skip it. I am genuinely wanting to know if you know of real stability issues with it.

I purchased Reaper and have used it for utilitarian purposes for years, but never as an actual sequencer. In my own experience, it has been hideously unstable on OS X especially. Many plug-ins are unstable and have crashed the program, among other issues. Back when I used it more on Windows, its multithreading capability was terrible and the same template loaded within Reaper was far more prone to higher CPU use and glitches/artefacts than when loaded within Cubase or another “corporate” flagship sequencer. Through a lot of use, I got the feeling that Reaper was just simply not a professional product, and never will be. So you can’t expect professional performance out of it. Their dev team is far too small to cope with all the software development and debugging needed in something as deep and intricate as a full-fledged DAW. It may be alright for hobbyists, but it’s nowhere near ready for prime-time production situations.

my secondary is Studio One Artist (eventually pro) I tried Reaper and thought it was confusing as hell but with S1 I never even cracked open the manual. Cubase is number 1 though, you know it.

That would be the solution to the issue of accidentally deleting a selected part while hitting backspace to delete a track. :laughing: But it’ll stop me from trying to do that anymore. I have like 5 heart attacks each day when I do that.