Mute/Solo and VST bugs

Hi guys,

I’m using Cubase for a long time (since Cubase 5) and I passed thru all the different problems and I still here firm waiting for them to solv all those bugs (That AI bug on the last cubase was a nightmare).

Ok so now I’m working on 9.5 and it just stopped working my mute / solo button… This is like:

If I press solo in ANY TRACK, it mutes some of the tracks of the project but not all the tracks and the solo thing dont work… If I try to mute any track, It simple don’t allow me do to… I click and nothing happens… If I click in any vst channel, it start playing the note D4… I mean, this is unreal… I’ve tried to uninstall and re-install and everything worked for one hour, then, back again the same bug…

Just want to know if anyone experienced this and know how to fix it otherwise, thats the end of the line for me… You buy a DAW you expect it to work…

I’m in a Mac Pro using Sierra and I have a Komplete Kontrol and a Apogee Quartet… thats all…

Hi,

I would guess this is a routing error. Most probably you sent the state of the buttons to any Remote device (Komplete Kontrol?) and this seems it back in a wrong way.

Make sure you are not using any Remote Devices first, please.

Im not using remote devices and I still have the problem

Solved! I was having this same frustrating issue. When soloing a track some tracks would refuse to mute. I finally noticed that the affected tracks each had a sub-Automation Track for mute that I had added somehow, which only appears when you click the down arrow that appears when hovering over the track name. I had to click a couple down arrows to see it. Apparently I had mistakenly added a mute automation track and selected “off.” My solution was to delete the extra mute sub-track, since I didn’t need it. I’m more-or-less a Cubase neophyte, but I suspect the reason that functionality exists is to ensure a track is never muted when all others are.